a. Score = ‘credits’ displayed on slot machine at the end of the heat
b. Winner = persons with highest score obtained
c. Session =
i. 3 x sessions Wed to Friday, 24 to 26 Aug: 11h00 to 13h00; 16h00 to 18h00; 20h00 to 22h00
ii. 1 x session Saturday, 27 Aug: 11h00 to 18h00
d. Heats = 5 minute heats per session
e. Finalists =
i. Daily top 5 scores at close of daily sessions at 22h00 on Wed, Thu & Fri
ii. Top 9 scores at close of daily sessions on Sat at 18h00
2. Any person who is under the age of 18 or who has been refused entry to the casino or who is self-excluded, prior to or during the tournament, is prohibited from gambling and/or participating in the tournament and will be disqualified, where applicable.
3. Tournament is open to Emnotweni Black Rewards card members only
4. Dedicated Tournament machines will be used for the tournament, next to the Cash Desk / Casino stage
5. Each person that qualified through the methods mentioned above get a 5-minute *heat to play on the tournament machines
6. Heats will commence immediately after the previous heat ends (allowing for up to 3 minutes between heats to change over).
7. The machines are pre-loaded with equal amount of credits; with each machine starting from 0 points
8. *Scores achieved will be displayed on a leader board at the tournament area.
9. To qualify as finalist to the Final session on Sat, 27 Aug:
a. Daily top 5 scores at close of daily sessions at 22h00 on Wed, Thu & Fri
b. Top 9 scores at close of daily sessions on Sat at 18h00
10. Players shall not be substituted during heats without the relevant proxy nomination form completed.
11. Players’ “credits” shall not be pooled with or transferred to other players’ credits. These credits are for tournament purposes only and will be used to determine player ranking. Specifically the credits concerned do not have any actual monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash or anything of value
12. In the event of a tie credit score when determining winners on the leader board, the two tied score players will have to battle it out for 5 minute on the slots machines to determine positions (if 2nd and 3rd are tiered it means they will play against each other for position 2 and 3, one with the highest score will play against each other). Should a contestant not be present in case of a tie, his/her original score will be used as ‘final’ score. Should NO player be present, advertised prizes for the contested positions will be split equally between these players.
13. In the event of a malfunction of a slot machine during any qualifying heat, the affected players will be given opportunity at the end of the session, or at the first available seat in a future similar heat if possible.
14. In the event that the tournament system (where applicable) experiences any technical difficulties, the entire heat will be restarted. If the afore-mentioned technical difficulties are not resolved within a reasonable period then the relevant heat will be postponed
15. The Tournament Director and/or MC will announce the start of each heat.
16. It is the players’ responsibility to be at the tournament area at the right time. Players who are not present when the heat in a session starts may forfeit their seats and may be asked to register for a future heat within the given validity of the entry ticket. Should a player / finalist not be available to play in his/her allocated session, he/she may be disqualified should no alternative session be available.
17. Decisions made by the Tournament Director shall be deemed final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.